Publishing Date: February 3, 2010
Genre: Gay and Lesbian/Erotica
Series: Lesbians VS. Zombies
List Price: $3.00
Sensuality Rating: NC-17
Star Rating: 5/5
People who take their shots and do as they're told have nothing to fear. Right? Right.
The Rabies Z epidemic began and ended in Miami this past summer, didn't it? And that guy my daddy saw at the Jacksonville airport last week was just having an epileptic fit. No cause for alarm. Epilepsy always causes an eighteen-hour hazmat shutdown at a major airport.
So while my twin tours to flog her newest album, here I am, Camie Invisible, parked at this nice, safe college—as far as I can get from the infection and still pay in-state tuition. Only now, my studies have become focused on the fascinating Risa Ruiz. And she has eyes for me.Isn't this the perfect time for the zombies to show up?
This book was spectacular! Even though I don't normally like G&T that much (I usually get a "eh, it's okay" feel after I read one), Dead Kitties Don't Purr sunk it's claws in (har har), and now I can't wait to read the next one! Why did I enjoy it so much?
- It actually had a plot line. A lot of times I'm given an erotica to review and the first thing I notice is, it's just sex. Sure, there's usually some "This is blah blah and she lives in blah blah blah," but not much else. This one is very different. Right away I could tell the author is trying to tell a story.
- The book grabs attention throughout the story. Amber threw in tidbits of foreshadowing all the way through, to make the reader very excited about getting to the end.
- The loves scenes aren't crude. Again, I could tell Dead Kitties Don't Purr was an actual story by how the loves scenes were written smoothly, but of course with lots of detail (otherwise, it wouldn't be erotica).
- The best post-apocalyptic romance I've read so far! The savory details and the fun action blew me away.
- The ending was astonishing. The story did not play out how I thought it would, which is great, because it's not entertaining if you can guess what's going to happen throughout the story.
I could find nothing wrong with this book! I just plain old loved it, though I wish it was longer.
If your looking for a not-so-conventional romance to dig in to, I would definitely consider Dead Kitties Don't Purr. I will warn you it has some explicit content, so if your not into that, then you probably wouldn't wanna read it. But other than that, it's great!